Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Barnwood & Glitter: Make Your Own Custom Dry Erase Board

I looked too long for a dry erase board that was big enough to fit a particular space when it finally dawned on me to make my own! I already had a large barnwood frame in the garage that I'd been wanting to use for something, and it was perfect for the space! I started by ordering dry erase sheets. $8.00 a roll was just right. I then bought a foam board at Hobby Lobby that was big enough to fit the frame.
I trimmed the foam board to fit the frame.
Then I rolled the white board sheet out onto the cut foam board. The material was surprisingly easy to work with -- if I made a mistake I just pulled it back up and started over. I smoothed as I went, unraveling slowly.
Next, the foam board (with the white board sheets now attached) was glued to my frame.
The fun part.... decorating it!!!
I have always loved barnwood and glitter -- two opposites that go hand. I suppose it is because they are both me. I am as comfortable in cowboy boots as I am in heels. I feel most at home in the rugged mountains, but love to wear long, glitzy chandelier earrings with hot pink. Barnwood and glitter -- it just works for me! So I added sparkly, glitter letters that I bought in a pack at Michaels and hot glued them onto the frame.Attach picture hanging hardware to the back, and you have a very fun, personalized whiteboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment